– 85 million visitors (+5%) at 30 centers in six countries
– 2.64 billion euros in gross sales generated by retail partners (+7.6%)
– Sales development in Austria: 1.73 billion euros (+6.5%)
– Increase in average purchase volume in Austria: +5.6%
– Successful opening of the S-PARK Kaposvár retail park in Hungary
– 115 million euros in investments earmarked for 2022
People have started to return to their usual shopping destinations. That is reflected in the positive business development of SES Spar European Shopping Centers during the second year of the pandemic. Compared to 2020, significant growth was recorded in retail partner sales, visitor footfall, average spend per purchase, and sales of the “ZEHNER” gift certificate. This positive upward trend was recorded by SES in all countries in which it operates centers. In Austria alone, the gross sales generated by retail partners increased by 6.5 percent over the previous year. That is well above the growth of the Austrian retail sector (4.2% according to Statistik Austria, the Austrian Federal Statistics Office). Despite the pandemic, in 2021, a total of 22 million euros was invested in maintenance and sustainable measures relating to the operation of the centers, as well as in project development.