– 85 million visitors (+5%) at 30 centers in six countries
– 2.64 billion euros in gross sales generated by retail partners (+7.6%)
– Sales development in Slovenia: 550 million euros (+29% incl. expansion)
– 20 million visitors in the five SES malls in Slovenia
– Successful opening of the S-PARK Kaposvár retail park in Hungary
– 115 million euros in investments earmarked for 2022
People have started to return to their usual shopping destinations. That is reflected in the positive business development of SES Spar European Shopping Centers during the second year of the pandemic. Compared to 2020, significant growth was recorded in retail partner sales, visitor footfall, average spend per purchase, and sales of the “DESETAK” gift certificate. This positive upward trend was recorded by SES in all countries in which it operates centers. In Slovenia alone, the gross sales generated by retail partners increased by 22.7 percent last year. When ALEJA, which opened in 2020, is included in the calculation, gross sales rose by as much as 29 percent. That is well above the growth rate of the Slovenian retail sector (18.9%, according to the Statistical Authority of the Republic of Slovenia, of which non-food retail accounts for 17.4% and food accounts for 7.3%). Slovenia is a particularly important market for SES. SES is the country’s market leader in the area of large-scale shopping centers, including CITYPARK Ljubljana, the largest Slovenian shopping center, and ALEJA Ljubljana, the most modern shopping center in the country. In 2021, ALEJA in Ljubljana (SLO) received the prestigious RLI Global Award for the best new shopping center in the industry.